Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I work employer who is currently under scrutiny with an

Customer Question

I work for an employer who is currently under scrutiny for sleeping with an ex-partners family member who was also employed at the time. This separation in ownership has resulted in health issues such as BP, stress, anxiety, depression for which I am being treated medically since this began. My role as the Director of Operations placed me in a difficult position and in a "tug of war" persay. The affair was public knowledge to our office as the employee made it known. Now I am being asked to recreate a bad work history and was recently made to sign a statement prepared by one of the partners who is also a labor attorney. I feel my job is on the line if I did not do so and it has thus created a very uncomfortable work atmosphere. What options should I pursue?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me if you feel that you're being targeted because of your race, age, religion, gender or disability? Do you have a written employment contract with the company? How many employees does the company have?

Did you see my follow up question to your issue?

I see you have not responded in some time. Did you wish to continue with this question?

Hello?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No I don't feel it's a discrimination issue. I actually work for an HR company. I am however being asked to recreate write ups etc that were supposedly purged by the employee prior to her termination. However there was only one to my recollection. Also the EEOC complaint filed against one of the partners I regards ***** ***** is also a labor law attorney. His ego and pride being bruised has turned into retaliation against me.

I see. You mention an EEOC complaint. Was this filed by you or some other employee? And what was the basis for that complaint?

Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 10 months ago.