John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

I was floated from one floor to another 4 different places

Customer Question

I was floated from one floor to another 4 different places in one shift;I complained to my employer that it was too stressful for me and my health and suggested that another staff can be appointed to help me out.I was told that it was not my right to make that decision and was written up with a threat to punish.I this floating continues I crashed health wise with my nursing career in jeopardy.Ca n I hold my employer responsible for my health problem.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today.My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today.

Yes you could hold the employer responsible in the form of a workers compensation claim because workers compensation is the exclusive remedy for virtually all workplace injuries. With that you'd get 66% of wage and all medical covered by the employer.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as itis the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive-rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.