Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
8534270

I worked over 600 hrs some 12 and 13 hr days with working

Customer Question

I worked over 600 hrs some 12 and 13 hr days with working sat and sundays and all holidays from sept 1 t0 sep 11 th and then from oct 8th to pressent.
in return for my labor i was to earn my payback by running my train to get me to come up here i was told he had 1,000 to 1200 per night and 1200 t0 15 hundred on weekends all un true except for the last week
am i entiled to be payed for the hours i worked?
i have spent about 4,oo0 on his display and about 4,000 in rent for a appartment
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

Yes you should file a wage and hour complaint with the US Dept. of Labor.

They investigate and will get you paid here.The employer may be fined for wage violations.

File here

http://www.dol.gov/wecanhelp/howtofilecomplaint.htm

I wish you the best, ***** ***** had to go through all of this.You have a legitimate complaint to be paid, please file here and seek compensation for all these hours you worked.

Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 11 months ago.

I also wanted to wish you a happy new year.I hope you can recover what you are owed.This is a terrible thing, the employer mislead you no doubt.

Expert:  Ray replied 11 months ago.

If you can leave a positive rating when we are done it is always much appreciated.