RESPONDER9
RESPONDER9, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with more than 20 years of expertise.
71277549

My client has an LM2 filing requirement. Are SALARIED

Customer Question

My client has an LM2 filing requirement. Are SALARIED business reps required to fill out time sheets ?? They are required to submit expense reports and they estimate their %age of time spent in each area (15, 16, 17, 18, and 19).
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  RESPONDER9 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. Here is what the DOL guidance states

Q. Will officers and employees be required to maintain timesheets to complete Schedules 11 and 12?

A. Officers and employees will not be required to maintain timesheets so long as they use good faith estimates for calculating the percentage of time spent on activities that fall within Schedules 15 through 19. An individual may round to the nearest 10%. When the time reported by an individual in an activity is less than 5% of his or her total work time, the best estimate to the nearest percentage should be reported rather than rounding to zero. The total must equal 100%. It is understood that these figures may be imprecise.

I hope this helps and ask for your positive rating. Best wishes for the New Year.

Expert:  RESPONDER9 replied 1 year ago.

You've had some time to review my answer, and I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating; these allow me to continue to serve customers. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question and keeps your payment unless you request a refund because the website charged you the full value of your question at the time an answer was provided. Thanks.