Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

My company terminated my position after they found out I had

Customer Question

My company terminated my position after they found out I had brain cancer and indicated that they terminated my position because I would not be able to perform however, that was speculation. They also said they applied for LTD for me instead of STD without my permission and said they would pay my insurance via COBRA through December. But when I contacted the insurance company 'CIGNA' they said my policy was never on COBRA. Something seems wrong and I believe this company is trying to defraud me and possibly the insurance company. Up until I had to have emergency surgery for a brain tumor my performance was very good however with days of hearing about my condition the president of the company (PG Exhibits) terminated my position without talking to me about how I felt about my ability to do my job.
Something about everything that has happened and that is happening with the insurance isn't adding up for me. Let me know your thoughts and if you'd like to discuss this in more detail you can contact me at(###) ###-####or***@******.***.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 11 months ago.

On what date were you terminated from your employment?