Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I'm filing partial disability award full knee replacement

Customer Question

I'm filing for permanent partial disability award full knee replacement rating was 23%lower extr. 9% whole body my work restrictions I cant hardly do anything do I need a lawyer how much am I looking at
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Actually, we cannot calculate the exact amount for you. The payment will be based on your wages at the time of your injury and paid out for up to 60 months worth of the percentage of your wages that corresponds to your disability rating. So you are only going to get about 9% of your wages for up to 60 months and likely the 23% for loss of use of the lower limb in addition to that.
So to calculate your amount, which we cannot do for you, you can look at WY 27-14-403 and WY 27-14-405 which specify the percentage of your wage that your benefit is based on and because it is a partial disability you only get the percentage of the amount specified in the statute that corresponds to you disability percentage (the amounts in the statute are based on 100% disability). See: http://law.justia.com/codes/wyoming/2015/title-27/chapter-14/article-4/section-27-14-405
and
http://law.justia.com/codes/wyoming/2011/title27/chapter14/section27-14-403
If you are unable to do the calculation using the percentages in those statutes, then you need to engage a local attorney to represent you in the disability claim.