Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I am a woman gonna be 60 in oct 2016 and I am on social

Customer Question

I am a woman gonna be 60 in oct 2016 and I am on social security diability and I have 2 pensions coming to me from local 153 one from local 32bj says I have to be 65 to get it and my daughter gets benefits til 18 wich will be in march ple help what do I have to do cant live w/o pension
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you asked them to send you the plan description yet so you can see if they have an early pension clause for disabilities? What is your specific question for us about the situation?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
well w/o pension I can noy live cause my aughter will be 18 in march and ssd will stop giving her money
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
if I do get penion from other company early will theycut my ssd
Thank you for your reply.
I understand that and unfortunately many people are in the same position as you are. However, the services of this site are limited to providing customers of this site with information about their situation, not legal representation, not that any legal representation may even help in this case, because it depends on the wording of that pension plan description and you cannot make them pay you if the plan description does not have some provision for early collection based on disability, which is why I asked the question above.
If you have questions and would like information we are happy to work with you to provide that information to try to help you determine if there is a legal action against the pension plan to help you be able to collect that pension sooner.
I am sorry if there were any misunderstandings about what this site can provide.