socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

Just curious. I am pending a job offer (telecommute

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. Just curious. I am pending a job offer (telecommute corporate travel agent) in Colorado from a company based out of Pennsylvania. Can this type of company still use my credit report to not hire me? I have bad to terrible credit. I will telecommute from Colorado.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I applied for the job. I think its pending my background check. My credit is bad. I live in Colorado and will work from here too. The company is based out of Pennsylvania. There are consumer laws about this in Colorado, but not Pennsylvania.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Employment Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.

Colorado law controls if you are employed "in" Colorado. This is the same whether or not the issue is payroll tax, unemployment insurance, or any other employment-related issue. The law of the jurisdiction in which the employee is substantially employed controls the employee's rights.

If your rights are violated, you can file a complaint at this link.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!