Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

R.N. YEARS. I WAS TERMINATED LATE AFTER MY SHIFT. WHICH IS

Customer Question

I AM A R.N. FOR 30 YEARS . I WAS TERMINATED FOR CHARTING LATE AFTER MY SHIFT. WHICH IS CRAZY AND I DRAW A TUBE OF BLOOD FROM THE WRONG PT. THE OTHER NURSE WHO WAS SUPPOSE TO COME AND INDENFTY THE PT. TOLD ME SHE WAS TO OVER WHELMED . SO I DRAW THINKING SO WAS COMING IN THE ROOM . SHE TOOK THE BLOOD AND TOLD ME IT WAS THE RIGHT PT. A DAY LATER THE LAB CALLES AND SAID THE BLOOD TYPE DID NOT MATCH . NOTHIND HAPPEN TO THE PT. I GOT FIRES AND SHE WAS ONLY A WRITTEN WARNING . I AM WHITE AND SHE IS BLACK AND GOOD FRIENDS WITH THE HEAD NURSE WHO IS OF COLOR. I FEEL THE DECISION TO TERMINATE MY WAS UNFAIR. AND I HAVE APPEAL WITH THE UNION LAWYERS FIRST. I DONT KNOW IF I TRUST THEM . WHAT DO YOU THINK.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

You can challenge the termination with HR and counsel. You may seek to do so where the decision is arbitrary, violates company policy, and/or is based on age, suggesting age discrimination for termination of employees over 40.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Kindly let me know if that is clear, and if I may clarify anything.