Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I recently filed a lawsuit against my former company naming

Customer Question

I recently filed a lawsuit against my former company naming my boss. It has come to my attention that he has left the country, and will remain out of the country for several months. I know that we have 60 days to serve him, so wondering how this impacts the case... can we have him served internationally? Obviously this will impact the ability to get his deposition. My lawyer is currently on vacation so just looking for some answers.
Best
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

What you can do is request the court if you can serve him by alternate service i.e. serve him at the company, leave a copy on his door, publish it in a newspaper. It is called motion for substitute service. This will usually be granted in this type of situation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The company is suing him as well, and they have already said they would not accept service on his behalf. I would prefer to not publish this in a newspaper, as I don't want the story to be more public than necessary... What about depositions?

You can ask to have it posted on his door or other way the court will allow. The service by publication was just a suggestion but another method is to leave it attached to his front door or to leave it with someone in his home i.e. his wife or an adult child.

If my answer makes sense please "accept" and if you could a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. I wish you luck in your lawsuit.