John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

When companies merge are they required to retest current

Customer Question

When companies merge are they required to retest current employees drug and nicotine test
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

No, there is no law mandating this. They may want to do this as a matter of policy, and that is in their complete discretion because they are an employer at will - i.e., they can make or implement any policy at their discretion or change such policy at their discretion. THere would be no way for you to dispute this as such, if they did mandate a re-test.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank gou
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

You're welcome. Please leave a positive rating before you exit this chat as it is the only way I get credit for my answers. If you have any questions in the future regarding this matter come back to this thread and I'll be happy to answer. Thanks and good luck with the matter.

Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.