Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

I was a preferred provider large company. 3 years. During

Customer Question

I was a preferred provider for a large company for approx. 3 years. During the change of management, the company changed policy on an alternative wellness plan they were running under their self paid insurance program. They left claims in the system without paying or denying the pending claims with little to no communication on how to solve the issues at hand. How do I file a complaint with the Dept of Labor in order to effectively solve the issues at hand?
I appreciate any help you could give me.
Elizabeth Delagrange
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 11 months ago.

Did you work as an independent contractor for this company or employee?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Independent contractor

Okay the claim would be a breach of contract based upon the contracts between you and the large company. The Dept. of Labor advocates on behalf of employees for owed wages but you are owed payment for services as an independent contractor. I would consider sending a demand letter for payment for the amount claimed and the reasons payment should be made. Perhaps consider engaging a local employment attorney for a low flat fee to represent you to compel cooperation.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.