Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I am a maintenance manager. The plant manager called

Customer Question

I am a maintenance manager. The plant manager called for an organizational meeting with all the department heads, as well as a few hourly lead people. All the plant heads and lead personnel attended this meeting. The purposed which was submitted in writing was to have an organizational meeting to get all the departments working together. It was a 2 hour meeting. Instead of a general discussion, the plant manager spent an hour and a half personally attacking me on maintenance issues, how and what I was doing wrong, his disappointment in me etc. I felt this discussion should have been in private. Some of the issues discussed occurred years before I came to work there. One of the heads even made a comment that I shouldn't be held responsible for that.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Did the manager do this to you only because of your age/race/sex/disability/national origin?