Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

This even works when trying to obtain a teaching position

Customer Question

This even works when trying to obtain a teaching position that I'm certified in? I do have an explanation for the time gap, as I was working at another job part time within the same field which was teaching
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Yes, again there is no legal obligation to put anything on your resume.

The employer may certainly make a request for certain things, but that isn't a legal requirement.

As I noted before, the issue comes in the employer finding out about it being left off. This is true even after you've been working somewhere for a while. If the employer later finds out that it was left off, they can consider that dishonesty and terminate on that basis.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required.

If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.