Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

I was recently red at a local restaurant that my sister also

Customer Question

I was recently hired at a local restaurant that my sister also works at. When I went to my oriented, the owner's wife stressed to me that we can work together but we are not allowed to work the same shift. When I went to work, the managers told me that I was at another store that did not have me on their schedule and all of my paperwork said the store that hired me. When I attempted to speak to the supervisor of this store, she claimed she had tried to contact me when I've not received a missed call, text, etc. and said that I could transfer to another store after I had already declined to travel or relocate or I there was nothing there for me and to have a good day. They willingly hired me despite their rules in their handbook and family members not working in the same restaurant and refused to let me work.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 11 months ago.

Are you considering filing a lawsuit? Have they terminated you?