Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

Are you on line now?

Customer Question

Are you on line now?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I’m happy to be of assistance.

Yes, we are online now. Your question appears to be very similar to another one that was posted this morning, but I can't see that it is a duplicate question. You may have two separate account names, so that it does not show as a duplicate.

I addressed the other question though. Yes you absolutely may sue for defamation if you can show a false statement of fact that was made about you to third parties which has caused you financial harm. The facts that you outline here certainly fit that description and the choice to use small claims is a wise one. These sorts of claims are rarely worth the expense of filing a full fledged state court claim, because proving damages is so difficult to do.

While you probably will not be permitted to question her directly, you can raise those questions and the court will ask them for you.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service so that I receive credit for working with you today.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required.

If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.