Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

If i re a live in house keeper how much notice must i give

Customer Question

if i hire a live in house keeper how much notice must i give to move out on termnation
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question, however, in order to assist you I will need to know what State this employment arrangement is in. Also, is there a term contract that applies to this situation and if so, what does it say about termination?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the state wa, snohomish co I havn't hired any one yet

I see you have requested a phone call which is a service I don't supply so I will open this question up for someone else to assist you with. There may be a delay because of the early hour but someone will let you know when they are available.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Without a written lease with a specific lease term, your tenant is considered an "at will" tenant. An "at will" tenancy is treated legally as a month to month tenancy. Once you've terminated her employment, you are required to give her the following notice:

"RCW 59.04.020

Tenancy from month to month—Termination.

When premises are rented for an indefinite time, with monthly or other periodic rent reserved, such tenancy shall be construed to be a tenancy from month to month, or from period to period on which rent is payable, and shall be terminated by written notice of thirty days or more, preceding the end of any of said months or periods, given by either party to the other."

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!