Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  In-House Counsel & Litigator
12711280

What should I do? I have a workplace violence cover up case.

Customer Question

What should I do? I have a workplace violence cover up case. I was verbal and physical attack by a co-worker. I file a complaint with management which they try to stall my complaint hoping that I would drop it. I constantly push the issue about my complaint I filed about the altercation. Management wanted to hold me partly responsible for the physical assault that was done to me and wanted me to accept an agreement they written up to take part blame. I refuse the agreement and was later terminated for refusing their agreement offer. Thank you, ***** ***** suggestion!
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 11 months ago.

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of employment law experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

First off, I am sorry you are having to deal with this issue. As you likely know, when a person is employed at will they can be terminated for any reason or no reason at all. Therefore, most terminations are legally defensible. That said, you case may fall into the category that is not legally defensible.

There is an exception to lawful termination of an at will employee when the termination violated public policy. In this case, the public policy would be that you cannot or should not terminate an employee when that employee is the recipient of workplace violence and just asked for something to be done about it.

As such, you have a cause of action for wrongful termination in view of the public policy exception. I cannot tell you that this is a sure fire win of a case, but I can tell you that you have a legitimate cause of action that could result in you receiving damages and attorney.

You have been wronged and the employer was legally in the wrong and not within their rights to terminate you in view of the facts that you have shared with me.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments.

Please rate my answer positively (three or more stars) as well.

Best wishes going forward!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi!
I know have a legit case. I just don't know what to do next or what Attorneys would handle my case. Do you have any law firm names in Atlanta Georgia that would handle my case?

It does indeed sound like you have a legit case here. You need an attorney that specializes in handling employment matters for plaintiffs. Jack Rosenberg in Metro Atlanta is a great employment law attorney. His number is (404)(###) ###-####/a>.

If for some reason he cannot help you, ask that he refer you to someone that can help you. The employment law attorney community, even in a place the size of Atlanta is pretty small.

Let me know if you have any other questions and please rate my answer positively as well.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you!I just called Jack Rosenberg firm, but he is not in now and I left a message. I will try calling him again tomorrow. I will let you know what he says if that's OK!. Thank you!

My pleasure. If you don't mind, please rate my answer positively (three or more stars). That is how experts get credit for their work on this site. I will be happy to continue to assist, even after the rating. Thanks!

Any luck? I want to make sure you are good to go with this issue? Thanks