Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I was verbally attacked and given the middle finger by a

Customer Question

I was verbally attacked and given the middle finger by a Doctor I was working for.I left the office at that time and said I'm done,this is the second time I was verbally abused.Do I have a case?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

There would not be a HIPAA violation, unless you disclosed confidential information about a patient to someone out of the medical service facility who is not a medical professional.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

In other words, if you have disclosed medical information about a patient to a friend or family member or someone that would be a violation.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

However, keep in mind that an "at will" employee may be terminated for any reason that is not based on discrimination such as your age, gender, race, religion.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

If you were verbally abused based on discrimination for instance called names because of your race, religion, age, a disability, etc. then you could have a case and should consider filing a complaint with the EEOC