Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

How many hours is a sales rep. suppose to work in a week if

Customer Question

how many hours is a sales rep. suppose to work in a week if paid by commission only but you get a weekly draw from your monthly commission?
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i am in houston texas
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

The law actually doesn't restrict how many hours an employee can be forced to work. The law simply requires employers to pay no less than minimum wage plus overtime for all hours worked. In Texas minimum wage is $7.25 an hour, and overtime must be paid at time and a half for all hours worked in excess of 40. Provided your draw covers at least that, then your employer would be compliant with the law, regardless of how many hours you were actually required to work.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

Hello again,

I just wanted to followup with you to make sure that you did not have any further questions or concerns. For some unknown reason, the experts are not always getting replies or ratings (which is how we get credit for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not yet received either. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the site administrator.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed.

Very best wishes.