Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I'm isolated at work. I work in a separate building from the

Customer Question

I'm isolated at work. I work in a separate building from the rest of the office. I was told 4 months ago that I would be moved into the main office with the rest of the employees. Still hasn't happened. I think I being isolated on purpose. There are a few incidents that make me think I'm being baited to quit. I was given a SUV to drive and an option to swap it for my company car. The windshield was cracked and the power brakes went out on my first trip with the vehicle. I mentioned that I would consider swapping if the vehicle was fixed. Next thing I know another guys has the vehicle and it's all fixed. The New Division Manager does not communicate with me. He doesn't return greetings if he can avoid it. He doesn't return emails or LINK messages. I'm expected to manage the Estimating Department with 1 estimator. I was told I would have 2 senior estimators, a junior estimator/CAD guy and possible an administrative person. The lack of has me and my one guy working 12 to 14 hour days, 5 days a week and most weekends. Before I came to this company they had a full estimating staff and bid less work than we are cranking out now. They let one of my senior estimators go because of lack of work, (as he was told). Really he was let go because he was a senior guy and made too much money. He was setup to fail just as I feel I'm being setup to fail. I have sent myself 18 separate emails outlining some of this incidents of unfair treatment. Since this guy is my boss I don't really know how to deal with the situation. Can you offer an opinion?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Loren replied 12 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisti you.

Expert:  Loren replied 12 months ago.

Do you have a written employment agreement requiring cause for termination?

Do you believe you were treated differently than other employees due to your race, religion, ethnicity, etc.?

Expert:  Loren replied 12 months ago.

Are you online with me?