John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

If my part time employment is currently suspended (i.e

Customer Question

If my part time employment is currently suspended (i.e employer pays zero hours per week for my services) for at least a month and without an assurance that the employment will be resumed as usual;
and if the suspension was communicated to me verbally only 4 to 5 days before the suspension took effect
and if I never gave my consent
is this considered a breach of contract and would that allow me to separate from the employer effective immediately without the obligation to fulfill any final requests, which the employer may demand before my departure.
Regards.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Yes, Texas is an employment at will state. That means means you can resign our employment at any time for any reason. Likewise, since it appears the employer has constructively terminated your employment, you could leave the employer and not have to fulfill any final requests.