Brandon, Esq.
Brandon, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Has received a certificate of recognition from the California State Senate for his outstanding legal service.
69271599

My employer overpaid me and is asking o\ of it back in

Customer Question

My employer overpaid me and is asking o\for some of it back in weekly deductions from my paycheck. Would it be better to get them to a lump sum settlement? the over payment was by no fault of mine.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Brandon, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I want to make sure you receive excellent service today. Are you online with me?

You can absolutely give them a lump sum payment, however, your employer is barred from requesting that you do so. The law in Tennessee requires that, in the event of over payment, your employer deduct up to a maximum amount per paycheck. Of course, if you want to just get this dealt with immediately you can offer to pay the entire amount back in full. Just make sure you get a receipt, or put something in writing showing that the amount has been paid back so that you do not have to deal with any problems in the future.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further. If you do not require any further assistance, please do not forget to provide my service with a positive rating, as this is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you.

Have a wonderful rest of your day.