Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

My employer ran a background check that came up with

Customer Question

My employer ran a background check that came up with incorrect information. (May be that I had a felony or something) they have not provided the information to me ,although I have requested it. I have had a new background check run and it is clear. Traffic violations only. I was put on suspension without pay while they investigate. I have been given no information and HR will not return calls. I did receive a letter that they are investigating. I requested to know what they are referring to. I also requested that they run a new check because obviously something was incorrect.
What are my rights?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 12 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Did they run the background check themselves, or did they hire some sort of company to do the search? Also, what exactly did they tell you? It seems like if they found something problematic in your background check they would let you know what it was so that you could explain. It seems odd that they would suspend you and not tell you what it is. If you can clarify this at all for me I think that might be helpful too.

I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

Are you still looking for assistance with this?