Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I am a former Ready mix driver here in Iowa just before

Customer Question

I am a former Ready mix driver here in Iowa just before layoffs I was given a drug test and I tested positive for meth, I told the MRO at the lab that he was mistaking and that I have been taking some prescription drug called phentermine it is a weight loss pill. I was called by this doctor and was told that I tested positive for meth. My argue with him got me nowhere and my right to do a retest would have to come out of my own pocket. I told my HR that I couldn't afford it so they told me that since I couldn't take this retest that they had no choice but to terminate me. I didn't refuse I just couldn't afford to pay for it. I have 3 boys, a wife who depend on me plzzzzzz its almost Xmas and my hearing is 12/15/2015, The MRO said that theres no point to do a retest since the evidence he had would not make a difference if I did pay for that retest but I know he's wrong...I feel like I'm actually guilty the way they made me feel
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 12 months ago.

I am sorry this happened. are you asking if you can pursue a claim against the company?

awaiting your reply, so can focus the answer.

Kindly rate me positively.

Happy holidays!