Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I was recently fired a cusumer ticket at work. However the

Customer Question

Hi, I was recently fired for deleting a cusumer ticket at work. However the system used at work is outdated. Its always chaos when it concerns monies owed. Literally everyday I had to take money from my own pocket to drop into the safe. I was a supervisor carrying out manager duties. On my shift I was always alone(no coworkers). So yes, mistakes we're made and corrected by me. On my shift I was always alone(no coworkers). I was asked why i did not norify someone. Needless to say when I would call/text my boss he rarely replied. I was "fired" via text message by my gm who has no authority because my boss would always override his decisions at work. Am I entirely at blame for a faulty computer system?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Reviewed your facts and I do not see it being just that you were put to blame where there is blame to go around. You should calmly ask employer to reconsider and consider having a lawyer reach out to negotiate a severance or reinstatement based on the facts, and especially if company violated its own policies in terminating. This is a more agressive strategy than you normally would get in an employment at will context.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Kindly let me know if that is clear and if I can clarify anything, ask me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My employer doesn't believe that there is any problem with his system. Another thing I'd like to point out is that their HR representative had them investigate my cancelled tickets. However she is also the spouse of one of their highly praised enployees who does not really favor me. Do you think there decision was biased?
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

There appears to be a case for favoritism, and failure to properly account. This often is best handled through lawyer negotiation with HR and management that may not want to risk a labor board complaint or lawsuit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what would be the most appropriate procedure in making a formal complaint?
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Having a lawyer write to HR seeking a meeting to discuss resolution absent court/labor board action.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

would you like a directory for finding counsel locally to consider?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like a directory.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

martindale.com is very good. avvo.com is also helpful.

Good luck.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Kindly rate me positively. Happy holidays.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Is the answer acceptable?