Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I have worked company as a contact labor bye the hour and I

Customer Question

I have worked for a company as a contact labor bye the hour and I have been cheated out of my paycheck what can I do
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

If you have not received all of your earned wages, your best recourse would typically be to file a wage claim with the Texas Workforce Commission. At the moment their website appears to be temporarily offline for maintenance, but here is the link you will need to use to get the process started. The TWC will investigate and issue an order to pay wages against your employer if they find you are owed money. The entire process is free and does not require the assistance of an attorney.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.