Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

How many consecutive hours can a registered nurse be

Customer Question

How many consecutive hours can a registered nurse be required to work?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 12 months ago.

Good evening and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Can you please tell me in what state you are located? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
New Mexico

Thank you.

In that case NM Stat § 50-4-30 (2013) governs the answer to your question. That statute states:

"Daily maximum hours of employment; exceptions. No employee other than a fireman, law enforcement officer or farm or ranch hand whose duties require them to work longer hours, or employees primarily in a stand-by position, shall be required to work for any employer within the state more than sixteen hours in any one day of twenty-four hours except in emergency situations."

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.