John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

I worked 9 years old AT&T (until 1982) Am I vested?

Customer Question

Hi I worked for over 9 years for the old AT&T (until 1982) Am I vested?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today.My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today. Your best bet at this point would be to contact the Department of Labor - Employee Benefits Security Administration to request the plan information for that period and inquire whether you'd be vested. The Department keeps all plan documents and filing and will have the best and most accurate information on the plan. You can contact the Department through their website: http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/contactEBSA/consumerassistance.html

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as itis the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.