John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

Who do I contact about collecting my pension from Reese

Customer Question

Who do I contact about collecting my pension from Michael Reese Hospital in Chicago . Hospital is not in existence any more. I worked from 1974-1978
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is***** have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today. Your best bet at this point would be to contact the Department of Labor - Employee Benefits Security Administration to request plan information that is in effect for your retirement. The Department keeps all plan documents and filings and will have the best and should be able to direct you if you have a retirement and how to collect it from this particular plan. It very well be that the plan was terminated/ abandoned and there are funds sitting in escrow for you with the Department or otherwise. You can contact the Department through their website: http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/contactEBSA/consumerassistance.html

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require furtherassistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.