Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

I was terminated from a 18 year career on December 5th,

Customer Question

I was terminated from a 18 year career on December 5th, 2013. I signed a 2 year non compete clause when i was hired on. The company offered me a 4 month severance package. They dated my termination as the end of March 2014 so I could continue to receive insurance benefits up through the end of my severance pay. Tomorrow is 2 years since my actual termination date. Does my non compete end tomorrow or do I need to wait until the end of March?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

Without any specific language in the contract, the two year mark is triggered after the date of termination.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please ate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

Please rate my answer so that I can be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.