Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

Tina. I've been having empployer issues. I have a written

Customer Question

Hi Tina. I've been having empployer issues. I have a written agreement for commissions that were to be paid based on a certain account. 60 days after the agreement was signed they took the account away from me. Commissions should have been paid 9/30, 10/31 and the 11/30 which total over $2,500. There is written acknowledgement that they money is owed but I now want to resign and give 2 weeks notice. I want to be sure this money is paid before my departure as I would hate to go through the hassle of suing them. So I want to write my resignation letter so it is clear to them that this money is to be paid and that I will have legal recourse in case they dont.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

Perhaps include the PA Wage Statutes 43 P.S. § 260.1 et seq. in your correspondence so that you may be taken seriously. Also, consult with PA counsel and perhaps they can represent you in a limited capacity to negotiate commissions owed to create legitimacy to your letter. Here is a link to a PA wage and hour law firm: http://www.wolfbaldwin.com/Employment-Articles/Wage-Payment-and-Collection.shtml

it appears that you are owed those wages and unless they voluntary pay you, you will have to sue them to collect such wages. Fortunately the law is on your side it now just comes to enforcing the laws. The letter does not have to be long in length and simply a few paragraphs attaching evidence which are their admissions that they owe the money.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

Please rate my answer so that I can be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.