Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

I was charged with a dui. I was sentenced to house arrest

Customer Question

I was charged with a dui. I was sentenced to house arrest but was able to leave for work. I was employed by my brothers company. They were aware of all of this and they were going to ork with me. I went up to have my ankle bracelet put on and they were doing my residence check my brother had lived there prior and never took his name of the lease. So they would not release me they then incarcerated me for sixty days. When I got out they had already hired my replacement. My brother said if business picked up they would bring me back. I feel these were cicumstances that were out of my control. When I was released I filed for unemployment my brothers company never even showed it was denied. I Appealed and they never showed again and the decision read is AFFIRMED IN PART and the claimant is denied benefits under section 402(b) and GRANTED benefits under section 402.6 I appealed again back in oct 29th and still have heard nothing could you please explain this to me
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

Did the appeals instructions only give you the ability to appeal once. As it stands, you are attempting to appeal the decision rendered by the appellate division of the unemployment office.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already explained to you that we have filed a second appeal over a month ago but have no court date. But how can you be denied and granted?

Denied benefits as to 402b and granted as to different benefits under 402.6. Certain benefits were denied under 402b but certain benefits were granted under 402.6.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rat my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you I advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 12 months ago.

Please rate my answer so that I can be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.