Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

Im a teacher in NM I continue to have another teacher be

Customer Question

Im a teacher in NM I continue to have another teacher be horrible to me. rude, disrespectful and continues. I am fine with the fact that we disagree but I am seeking her to be accountable for professionalism
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. I am very sorry to hear about this other teacher. What sort of comments is she making to you exactly? Is she attacking you based on your race, religion, gender, or something along those lines that might be considered a "civil rights" matter? Also, what exactly is your question here?

I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I asked to see a student out of her room she said " he isn't going anywhere" then when I explained his BMS state workers were here it was just fine. She is very demeaning. I have said good morning multiple times and no response which is fine. I just would like her to act professional in front of the students
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
very derogatory if I ask a question in a meeting I was in a parent teacher conference.....She stated in front of the parent my information was not relevant which again....her opinion but be professional

Thank you for your reply. What precisely is your question, though? Are you asking what legal options you have at your disposal to change her conduct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to file a grievance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not sure if filing a grievance wil get anywhere. I have asked to have a meeting before the end of the day today with her and my Principal.

Okay, thank you again, but again that is not a question. I do not mean to sound obtuse but I don't know what your question is and cannot help you until you ask a question. Sorry for being insistent but I want to make sure I address your specific legal question rather than guessing what that is.