Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
8534270

I am rather concerned. I am a retired teacher subbing, This

Customer Question

I am rather concerned. I am a retired teacher subbing, This evening my school board will be discussing the possibility of charges being brought. I have no idea if the charges being discussed will deal with me or not. If however I was the person they were going to file charges against wouldn' they have already notified me. Thank you, Joe
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

If they are going to take personnel action they do have to notify you.If criminal charges are going to be filed law enforcement would notify you and arrest you or allow you to turn yourself in and bond out.

You may want to consider an employment lawyer locally because it appears they are going to at least talk about the investigation.They may discuss your employment situation in closed session since it involves employment issues.

But you should be notified if they take any kind of action as well as given your appeal rights as an employee.

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this.I hope you have a good outcome here.

You can find an employment lawyer locally here through our state bar.

https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Lawyer_Referral_Service_LRIS_

I appreciate the chance to help you, please let me know if you have more follow up.

Thanks again.