John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

I am applying job with the county where I live in CA and

Customer Question

I am applying for a job with the county where I live in CA and have been asked to complete a conviction background questionnaire. When I was 21, more than 30 years ago, I was arrested for a DUI -- no jail time and I don't even recall having to go to court. I have not received even a traffic ticket since. Do I need to include the DUI on the questionnaire?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

According to your recollection there was no conviction. You probably only got a moving violation (ie. a ticket) laws/enforcement of dui have changed substantially in the last 30 years so I could easily see you not having a conviction for this. I would not include it on there.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.