Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I work at an Proprietary school, and we a short of staff a

Customer Question

I work at an Proprietary school, and we a short of staff a lot, I was approved for vacation back in July for December, and as of 12/01/15, my vacation time or some was taken away due to no coverage. What ca I do? What are my right
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.

Vacation pay laws vary by state jurisdiction. In which state is the school located?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Texas

Do you have an employee handbook or policy manual that provides rules for vacation benefits?

If yes, does the handbook/manual contain a disclaimer, with wording something like: "Nothing in this handbook is to be interpreted as a contractual right of employment. Employer retains the right to terminate any employee at any time, for any reason, or for no reason at all, and without further liability"?