Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I have a prescription and OxyContin and I filled it on

Customer Question

Hi. I have a prescription for Percocet and OxyContin and I filled it on October 29. I had an appointment with my doctor last Wednesday to get my prescription. I called the pharmacy ahead of time to make sure they could fill my prescription because I was leaving town for thanksgiving. That would have been the 28th day. The pharmacist asst. said the pharmacist said they were out. They have filled my prescription for a long time. From time to to time this type or holiday thinG happens and they refuse to fill my prescription. They said they were closed on Friday as well. They said I should have enough "extra" to cover me until Monday! That would be the 33rd day. My doctor knew I needed it that day as well.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Good evening and welcome. I am very sorry to hear about this trouble getting your prescription filled. If I may ask, what exactly is your legal question regarding this situatation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I feel like the pharmacist is harassing me by not allowing me to get my prescription filled. If I am with out this medicine I will go into withdraw and become sick. I guess I was looking for someone who could write a letter to the pharmacist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe I could make a civil rights complaint for discrimination under the Americans with Disabilities Act
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FYI.. I did get the prescription filled but I had to got to many different pharmacies on Wednesday to find a place that would fill it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The discrimination complaint would be for not following standard of care...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd like him to know this..

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, we cannot write letters to third parties here on Just Answer. I am going to opt out of your question in the event that someone else may be able to assist you. I wish you luck and I apologize for any inconvenience.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your previous expert has left and I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR.
Is there information we can provide you with other than representation, which we are forbidden from engaging in with you by state law?