John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

I have original pay checks from 2013 from n.y. company for

Customer Question

i have original pay checks from 2013 from n.y. company for $5.000,that exspired,I live in florida now,company still egxist,I called them ,but they don't know what to do about that and asking me to send original checks to them ,and then they will figure it out later.I am afraid to loose that money ,I paid taxes on it.how to get reissued new cheks from them?,and it is safe to send originals to them ?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Make copies of the checks and send them to them with a request to re-issue payment. If they don't reissue then you'll file a wage claim with the state - they'll then investigate and most likely the company will issue new payments for you in lieu of further investigation by the state.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as itis the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.