Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

Im being harrassed at work by an employee. The employee

Customer Question

Im being harrassed at work by an employee. The employee deliberately haraases me at work on the daily basis and now their trying to cost me my job by telling false things on me to the store managers, and have also belittled me in front of the cashiers and customers. This is taking a toll on me and is affecting my work ethic.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Unless you can state that the harassment is based on your race, religion, gender, age, disability or recent FMLA use, there is nothing that can be done in an employment law sense. If you can state that one of those in the basis for the harassment, you should immediately file an EEOC complaint in your state.

However, even if you can't allege discrimination, you can sue the individual that is making false statements about you for defamation of character. You can hire a local attorney to send a "cease and desist" letter first, and if that doesn't work, you can file a small claims lawsuit as a means of some recovery. Typically, when someone gets a cease and desist from an attorney, that convinces them to stop lying about you.