CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I am a Professional woman 59 years old. Over 20 years as

Customer Question

I am a Professional woman 59 years old. Over 20 years as Federal Agent with DOJ. Hired 1 1/2 years ago as the Director of Security for a large International company in Miami. I have submitted a "mutually agreed upon separation" to the President, (my direct report) 1 week ago with a 2 week notification. This persuant to a very hostile work environment by a VP and another Director and ignored by President and HR. The hostile work enviroment is thoroughly documented, action of which caused me physical distress. Following the incident which resulted in medical distress, I notified both the President, HR, (both OpCo and Corp) in no uncertain terms the hostility needed to stop for and to support me as promised. It has become worse with the President's knowledge. He has ignored several incidents since and after promising to speak with both parties, has not intervened to date. I also fear the OpCo will renig on condition saying they could not get Corp to agree. President and VP of HR have
stood by and ignored further harassment by my colleagues.
At this juncture I am very concerned this will not only cause me more stress and medical implications but also have a negative impact on my resume. The company agreeing to my requests for conditions to include financial relief in waiver of monies for relocation fees and not to litigate request for unemployment compensation; as if not for the hostile work environment, respect and ability to perform my designated work functins without negative attacks, I would stay. I was clear to both the President and VP HR if they did intervene, the hostility stopped and I was able to work without constant negative intervention, I would stay. The President nor HR intevened as promised and the hostility has continued to worssen. I have only 4 days left however I am fearful since the violators have upped their hostile and unacceptable behavior, I will have another medical incident bc the stress is so great.
I have copiasly documented everytbing and have several emails and documents to support.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn of this situation.

You really need to contact an employment law attorney right away. With only a couple of days left at your place of employment, you need someone that can review whatever agreement it was that you entered into with your employer, help you analyze whether or not it is enforceable, and what, if anything, you can do in preparation for a potential lawsuit against your employer.

While it is possible, it is not generally prudent to anticipate that an employer that is not supportive while you are working there will be supportive of you when you exit the company.

Hopefully the contract that you have created will not get in the way of anything that you may need to file in the future, but I would strongly recommend getting a local employment law attorney on board as soon as possible to help you review this matter quickly.

You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).