Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  25 yrs. of experience in employment law, real estate and business law, family law, criminal defense and immigration.
20073497

I am a dual licensed esthetician, and Florida. At the spa I

Customer Question

Good morning, I am a dual licensed esthetician, for NYS and Florida. At the spa I work there seem to be a confusion: if a skin care therapist can perform back facials(treatment such as acne). It is my understanding that in Fl we can. Please advice. Thanks
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need the DUMB version of detailed scope of practice for Florida licensed estheticians. Where can I find this information? Thanks.
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I will see what I can find under Florida law for Aestheticians, but JutAnswer does not have access to all the Florida Statutes. It has been my understanding from other research I have done on Florida law that a Florida Aestheticians License indicates which areas the Aesthetician is licensed to practice and this would depend on which areas the aesthetician has shown a proficiency by the exam given by the State of Florida.

Can you tell me what areas are listed on the License granted to you by the State of Florida when you were issued your License by the State of Florida ? Thank you and I look forward to your reply

ANDREA

I WAS NOT ABLE TO FIND THE SPECIFIC FLORIDA STATUTE RELATING TO AESTHETICIANS, BUT I FOUND AN EASIER WAY FOR YOU TO FIND OUT WHAT YOU CAN AND CANNOT DO. pLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING CONTACT INFORMATION TO FIND OUT SPECIFICALLY WHAT PASSING THE FLORIDA AESTHTICIAN'S EXAMINATION GIVEN BY THE STATE OF FLORIDA WILL PERMIT YOU TO OFFER CLIENTS -

Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation, Board of Cosmetology
1940 N. Monroe St.
Tallahassee, FL###-##-####br />Phone Number:(###) ###-####br />Fax Number:(###) ###-####br />E-mail Address:***@******.***

PLEASE BE KIND ENOUGH TO ***** SO THAT jUSTaNSWER WSILL GIVE ME CREDIT FOR RESEARCHING YOUR QUESTION AND FURNISHING YOU WITH AN ANSWSER. THIS WILL NOT COST YOU ANYTHING ADDITIONAL, BUT IT IS THE ONLY WAY THAT JUSTANSWER WILL KNOW THAT I ASSISTED YOU AND GIVE ME CREDIT FOR MY TIME. THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING. POSITIVE FEEDBACK AND BONUS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED,

KINDEST REGARDS,

ANDREA