Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
8534270

I am handicapped lateral above knee amputee. i have problem

Customer Question

I am handicapped bi lateral above knee amputee. i have problem get into the neighborhood gas station. i fight my way in. then the manager tells me to wait let the other people go before me they have to go and make me move to the side. i said i have to go also she said rain is falling which was set up but not falling. when she finished attending those customers, she tells me she do not like how i spoke to her i told i am human like everyone else. i should be serve at my turn. i bought some lottery scratch tickets for nine dollars. then she says this is not a casino, i told her well dont sell those tickets. i have the right to get in this place like every one else . she told me this store in not wheel chair accessible she said it is not her fault. i said the law says it must be handicapped accessible i never complaint about this. then she says she is calling the police i told her i only raise my voice i have not done any thing wrong. she tells me get out and don't come back in the store any more.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.

You can file an ADA complaint with US Dept. of Justice.ility

They investigate and may fine this business and require them to meet ADA requirements for accessibility.They cannot deny you access since this is a public business.

File here.

http://www.ada.gov/complaint/

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

File with Florida Lottery Commission as well they may take away their right to sell for such a violation.

http://www.flalottery.com/igFileComplaint

I am so sorry that you were treated this way.You have rights here and should file a complaint with both the feds and Florida Lottery Commission.They may have to pay fines here and loose their rights to sell lottery tickets.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.I wish you the best here and have a happy thanksgiving.