Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

11/25/2015 I am a USO Security OFFICER Security. I have been

Customer Question

11/25/2015
I am Catherine Leist I am a USO Security OFFICER for G4S Security. I have been working the Colorado Mountain College as part time on the week ends. Sat. Sun. 12 hrs each day. Recently I was asked to switch to full time employment and my previous spot would be advertising for part time help. On Oct. 25,2015 when I arrived to work my supervisor David Baird told me that the new girl that was being trained will be taking my full time spot. He wanted to inform me of a letter of Cousnseling that he drafted up accusing me of food theft from the college kitchen which I in fact paid 50.00 on my card for food. When I asked for two cherry peppers and was told it was ok to take them apparently they came back later and said I stold the peppers. This group of employees worked two months previously and is no longer working for the Sodexco Co. David Baird my supervisor is saying that these people never left when I know for a fact they have. The new employees are the ones accusing me of the food theft when I never even spoke to them. David Baird is saying that I was disrespectfully, ***** ***** not compliant with the Post Orders. Also I am not allowed to talk to these employees about this issue or I am disturbing them. Again I paid 50.00 towards any food taken from the college kitchen. Now that I have lost my full time position because of this I feel it's discrimination towards me. What are my rights?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. Can you tell me, is this a union position?