wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
16356563

I've worked company 23 years they told me it looks like

Customer Question

I've worked for a company for approximately 23 years they told me it looks like you've slowed down and it's harder for you to get around and get things done, I do have issues with my knees they'll need to be replaced and I'm 61 so they told me they were knocking me down to part-time moving me to a different store taking back some of my wages and I would lose my insurance. I was a deli mgr so they gave the job to a man that is 50. Don't know if there's anything I can do with this that's why I'm asking you guys.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  wallstreetfighter replied 1 year ago.

This is an unfortunate situation,

If you have Union protection, you need to file a grievance, if you do not have Union protection, your options are limited to an age discrimination

complaint, if you can claim the demotion is due to your age, the employer would have to show through evidence that your age was not the reason for the demotion,

If you want to file a civil rights complaint due to your age, consider filing a complaint with your local EEOC or civil rights office for age discrimination.

Good luck, and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask. If satisfied with our service please provide us with positive feedback, thank you