wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
16356563

CAN I BE TERMINATED BECAUSE THE MANAGER THAT RED ME IS NO

Customer Question

CAN I BE TERMINATED BECAUSE THE MANAGER THAT HIRED ME IS NO LONGER WITH THE COMPANY, AND CAN THEY PUT ME ON A NON-REHIRE LIST AFTER ONLY A WEEK OF EMPLOYMENT FOR NO REASON BECAUSE I JUST FINISHED MY ORIENTATION AND PASSED ALL WRITTEN EXAMS TO QUALIFY FOR THE JOB?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  wallstreetfighter replied 1 year ago.

This is an unfortunate situation, under the law in almost every state, an employer can terminate any employee for any reason and at anytime, unless you have Union protection, the law would allow such a termination,

If you can claim the reason for the termination is your race, gender, age or some other protected civil right, then you can sue them for discrimination, absent that reason, an employer can do what they wish.

Good luck, and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask. If satisfied with our service please provide us with positive feedback, thank you