Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I have a non-compete clause in my employment contract in

Customer Question

Hi, I have a non-compete clause in my employment contract in Reno, NV. If I resign I cannot take a job in competing business for 1 year. But can I acquire equity in a competing business without holding any managerial position?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I there any way you can copy and paste the non-compete clause? Or scan it in and attach it?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am asking this questing on behalf of someone and I do not have access to the document but there is no clause there as to buying shares or getting distributions.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

I would really need to see the verbiage. Even if there is no specific text about "shares" or "distributions," it may still impact the situation. Is there any way you can get this clause to me?

(This is akin to saying "my tooth hurts," but not being able to open your mouth to show the dentist why. I would really need to see that clause.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, will try to send it to you ASAP. thanks
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

No problem. Simply reply back to this thread when ready.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

(Whoops, please ignore. Reply when ready. Thanks.)