Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I'm a substitute teacher 2 1/2 yrs at end of 2015 school yr

Customer Question

I'm a substitute teacher 2 1/2 yrs at end of 2015 school yr I received an email in my
employee email gIrving me reasonable assurance to work the following
yr. at the end of June
I was asked if interested in long term /vacandy position I replied yes. The end of July I was invitedoing to attend an event to intreview with principals . I was offered a job and accepted. week before school I was told services not needed when asked why was told they needed no reason. I received a call again by HR after this asking if interested in long term told them I received letter stating I was not needed. was told they would get back at me and didnt.when I tried to receive my employee record was told there wasn't anything in there.I have letters from students and teachers.I was requested by every school I worked at. Is this legal
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me if you had turned down any job offers after receiving the assurances that you would be continue to be employed with that school, or this was not something that happened?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!