Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I am a sub contractor security company SOC LLC. I am

Customer Question

I am a sub contractor for a security company SOC LLC. I am contracted out to a client overseas. While overseas SOC only has limited administrative responsible while everything else is dictated by our client. Recently SOC(not our client) has instituted an alcohol drinking ban on us. Another subcontractor drank to much and got into a fight and was fired. My question is can SOC legally do this to a subcontractor when the client we work for has not implemented any such policy?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

There would not be anything unlawful about termination under these circumstances. In general, this is because employment is "at will" and can be terminated for virtually reason not amounting to discrimination on the basis of a legally protected trait (race, religion, gender, etc.) or retaliation for engaging in certain forms of legally protected conduct (filing a wage claim, taking FMLA leave, etc.). It doesn't matter whether the basis for termination is fair, reasonable or even true.

I hope that you find this information helpful and am genuinely sorry if it is not what you were hoping to hear. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question was can SOC implement and alcohol ban? Do they have the right to interfere? As a subcontractor can SOC just implement policies in a relationship they only have an administrative role in?

Thank you for your reply. The answer is "yes" to all of your questions. They can implement the ban and can interfere and can have an administrative role in what goes on. No law limits this in any way. If I can clarify anything else please don't hesitate to let me know.