Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law
19127644

If my employer has lowered my salary two times is that okay

Customer Question

if my employer has lowered my salary two times is that okay
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I assume you are asking if lowering your salary is legal. If so, that depends on the circumstances. As long as you are still making at least minimum wage and your employer has not taken this action either in violation of a written contract or policy or because of your gender, race, national origin, religion, age (over 40), pregnancy, or military service, then it would not be unlawful.

Please feel free to ask a related follow up question if you have one. If none, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you.

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 24th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.